Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 weeks and all's well

The first trimester has not at all been as terrifying as I expected.  I haven't been horribly nauseated, due to equal parts of eating constantly and taking oodles of prenatal vitamins.  I haven't been horribly fatigued, though I have taken to sleeping in when I can; and I've noticed I can't push as much in the physical activity department.  I haven't noticed any major mood swings, just mild PMS-like snippy-ness.

I have an OB appointment next week, and I'm hoping to have supplemental insurance by then.  We are going to have a doozy of a time paying for this if it all doesn't go through.  Pray please that this happens quickly and smoothly.

Honestly, the biggest drag is that I'm sick of eating.  I don't like that it takes so much time to prepare, eat, and clean up food every day.

On a more minor note, it appears I have no brain.  I even fuzzed in the middle of typing that sentence and wondered, "now what was I going to mention?  Stupid brain.  Oh!  That's what it was."  No wonder kids think their parents are brain dead.  Apparently we are!  When we got my maternity clothes, we bought them at half price.  My family got a kick out of having me do the mental calculations to let them know how much we actually spent.  "What's half of $7?"  "Uh.....2....$3.50?"

Bright side now: We are having a great time growing through this time together.  David and I are doing what we love and preparing to add another love into that.  Our biggest unknown is finances.  We'll see how things go in the next few months.  At this point, we're being well taken care of, and we're happy to enjoy our lives and our work and our church.

And I need to eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment