Monday, June 4, 2012

My Top 10 Pros and Cons of Pregnancy so Far

Pros:
My husband LOVES touching my hair. It feels thicker and has more body now.
I got a whole new wardrobe for free (to me). These maternity clothes are cuter than the ones I had!
Lots of back rubs and snuggles.
A lovely glow.
Getting to feel Raiden kicking and moving.
Getting to see awesome ultrasounds.
Lots of glorious sleep!
No time of the month for NINE WHOLE MONTHS!
Having the excuse, "I'm growing a person, what did YOU do today?"
Large...tracts of land.... ;)


Cons:
A whole bunch of doctors' visits that do little or nothing fun, and quite a few un-fun things.
Having to eat constantly...it gets old very quickly.
Temporarily losing that schoolgirl figure.
Temporarily losing libido.
My eczema is worse.
Back aches and stretchy pains.
Can't garden as long at a stretch or eat sushi or half-cooked meat or drink booze.
Occasional bouts of PMS-like grouchiness.
Occasional gas and/or nausea.
The bump gets in the way of almost everything.

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record. You're actually losing that Time of the Month for up to two or three years depending on how long you breastfeed.

    ReplyDelete